Your wedding day is one of the most special days of your life. It’s a day that you’ll never forget, and it should be filled with love, fun and most importantly, memories! An engagement session is a great way to capture those memories in a beautiful and meaningful way. Here are 10 reasons why you should do an engagement session.
1. Get Comfortable in Front of the Camera – One of the best parts of doing an engagement session is getting comfortable being photographed together. This helps so much on your wedding day because it takes away some of the awkwardness when you get photographed together for the first time.
2. Get Comfortable with Your Photographer – Doing an engagement session will also help you get comfortable with your photographer before your big day! You’ll be able to see how they work, what kind of shots they like to take and how they interact with you as a couple.
3. Photographer Gets to Know You & Your Best Angles – During your engagement session, your photographer will also get to know which are your best angles and how you look best together in photos!
4. See How You Interact Together on Camera – Not only will you get comfortable in front of the camera, but you’ll also be able to see how you interact together on camera – whether it’s laughs or kisses, these moments can make for incredible photographs!
5. Great Time To Use Your Hair & Makeup Trial – If you have already booked your hair and makeup artist for the wedding then why not use this trial-run at your engagement session? You’ll be able to see how your hair and makeup looks on camera.
6. Get Photos To Use On Wedding Day/Save The Dates – An engagement session can provide amazing photos that can be used on your save-the-dates, table, seating chart or other parts of your wedding decor!
7. Celebrate & Reconnect During Wedding Planning Process – During all the hustle and bustle of wedding planning, don’t forget to take a moment for yourselves – an engagement session allows for that special moment where you can celebrate and reconnect during this crazy process!
8. Stress Free Photos With Less Time Constraints Than On The Wedding Day – Engagement sessions are typically less rushed than on wedding day since there isn’t as much pressure from family members wanting photos or timelines needing to be followed. Since this is a practice run on the wedding we can get more done in less time!
9. Can Be More Personal & Fun Than The Formal Wedding – An amazing thing about doing an engagement session is that it’s totally up to YOU what kind of feel/style/location/outfit etc that you want – so why not make it something personal AND fun?!
10. Incorporate Things/Locations You Love – As mentioned above, incorporating things or locations that mean something special to both parties makes for some extra special memories and photos! Places where you first met, went on your first date together or even where you proposed. For Chris and I we have a favorite park together where we would hang out and talk. It’s also where he proposed to me.
An engagement session is one of the best ways to capture beautiful memories before saying “I do” on your big day–and there are so many benefits too! From getting comfortable in front of the camera to being able to incorporate things or locations that mean something special, there truly are countless reasons why every engaged couple should consider doing an engagement session before their big day arrives. So go ahead–treat yourselves (and document!) this amazing journey leading up to marriage by having beautiful photos taken together before exchanging vows!
February 3, 2023